Monday, February 22, 2010

A proud moment

I was surprised to see that "Wingscapes", the company that makes the "Bird Cam" motion activated camera that allows me to capture the terrific pictures of the fascinating, beautiful creatures that surround us daily, has featured one of my shots on their face book page and on their own website:

wingscapes.typepad.com

I got this shot of this strangely colored woodpecker a few weeks ago. I had never seen one with plumage of this color and can't find any reference to it in any of my field guides. Their explanation sounds plausible. However I have also submitted this image to the Cornell University Ornithology lab(http://www.birds.cornell.edu/) to get their opinion. If I get a response I will post it here.
Suffice to say for now today was a proud day for us here at The Bird Station!

No comments:

Post a Comment